Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bump in the Road...

So, we have had a huge bump in the road for our goal of saving $15,000 this year. This is it.....

On Valentines Day, Rob had an accident (and thankful was not hurt!!!). We were borrowing the car from Rob's parents until we could afford to purchase one. Needless to say, we are now in the market for a new car, which brings me to the conclusion that our goal will not be possible this year.

With that being said, I am even more motivated to save! The stress of buying a car unexpectedly this month will lessen as we drop expenses that we no longer need. Right now, we are cutting our Data Plans on our cell phones. We are currently paying $85/month for both of our phones. We were paying $100/month until I lowered my data plan last month. Our goal is to sell our smartphones and we have just purchased two cheap simple feature (calling and texting only) phones online for $20-25 each. Once they come, we will trash the data plans and lower our monthly expenses by $60!!! yay!

Saving money has always been important to me and as I get older, it becomes more and more important. Even though we can't make our goal this year since a new (which really means used...haha) car will take up most of our potential savings, rest assured that we will not give up on our goal. I might even find better and more creative ways that I might have not considered otherwise! :)

When you are given lemons make lemonade! You work with what you have and for us that is currently motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment